Monday, January 11, 2010

New Year Thoughts

God is good. No matter where I am in my life, he has always, always, always done what's best for me-always worked everything for my good. So often, I tend to think about how God is good and faithful during the hard times and really rely on him then, but during the less-hard times, I sometimes forget to think about the hard times God took me through to lead me to the peaceful places. And I don't always realize that it was because he took me through those times that I am capable of enjoying the blessings he has given me.

I feel like I've grown a lot, but there are still so many times that I feel like my affections are so shallow. When I hurt, I hurt deeply, but when I'm joyful, praising, loving?? I want more. I want to seek God just as earnestly in the good times as the hard. I want to learn how to love him more passionately. And I want to love people so much more . . . more unconditionally, more selflessly, more sacrificially, and more patiently.

No comments:

Post a Comment