Friday, April 24, 2009

Yesterday was my physical therapy appointment, which meant all kinds of stretching and stuff for 45 minutes, so it shouldn't surprise me that I'm kinda worn out today. Thankfully, it's Friday, so it was okay that I stayed in bed until 10:00. When I finally came into my living room and opened the blinds, I saw all kinds of greenness on the trees outside my window! I can hardly see the Mennonite church on the other side of the railway tracks! Spring is here :smiley:

The high today is in the eighties (!!!), but then it's suppose to be rainy for the next three days. So I think that even though my body is a little beat, I'm going to try to get out and get a little sunshine. I'll at least go to the old capitol mall for lunch with Tiffany and then maybe I'll sit outside for just a little bit and read.

On a more serious, spiritual note, God's been teaching me a lot about trust lately, and it's not always been easy for me to learn. I always say that I trust God to do what's best in my life, but I get hurt and confused and upset when hard stuff happens. Most of my life, I've never really felt angry at God on a cognitive level, but emotionally, I know I sometimes felt that way after a few months of dealing with the tornado and with my health issues. And I know that it meant that I wasn't entirely trusting God. Yet, maybe, through those situations, God was helping me see that that kind of emotions isn't right or useful so that I trust him more in the future? I hope :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment